Welcome to Sina Ahmadi's Personal Page
This is my personal website where I share the latest news about myself and my professional life. I also discuss my ideas and whatever I think is worth to write about here in my blog.
As of January 2020, I am a second-year Ph.D. student at the Insight Centre for Data Analytics at the National University of Ireland, Galway where I am advised by Dr. John McCrae in the Unit for Linguistic Data. My research is broadly on lexicographic data linking and natural language processing (NLP). My Ph.D. project is supported by the Insight Centre and ELEXIS - a European Lexicographic Infrastructure.
More about me.
News about me
- [15/10/2019] I am an organiser of the 6th Insight Student Conference
- [10/06/2019] Research visit to Denmark to explore Danish lexicographic data linking. [Read more]
- [19/05/2019] Presented a poster in the Language, Data and Knowledge conference in Leipzig, Germany [Poster] [Paper]
- [17/05/2019] Participated in the 3rd Summer Datathon on Linguistic Linked Open Data in Dagstuhl. [Read more]
- [09/05/2019] Presented a summary of my Ph.D. progress in the Ph.D. day of our unit [Slides]
- [20/02/2019] I’ll be a tutor in the 3rd Summer Datathon on Linguistic Linked Open Data in May.
- [06/12/2018] Gave a talk and presented a poster at the Workshop on eLexicography [Poster] [Abstract]
- [22/10/2018] Presented a summary of my Ph.D. progress in the Ph.D. day of our unit [Slides]
- [07/09/2018] Presented an abstract and a poster in the Insight Student Conference [Poster]
- [07/06/2018] Presented a poster in the AI & Smart Enterprise Seminar at the Helix DCU, Dublin [Poster]
- [25/04/2018] Finally started my Ph.D. officially. Ready for new challenges and experiences!
- [21/12/2017] Presented a summary of my master’s thesis at Leiden Institute of Advanced Computer Science (LIACS).
- [20/12/2017] Confirmed my ideal Ph.D. offer. I should still wait!
- [16/10/2017] A paper accepted at the 8th Language & Technology Conference [Paper]
- [06/09/2017] Defened my master’s thesis in AI at Paris Descartes University [Thesis] [Slides]
- [02/04/2017] Joined LIPN for my master’s internship in encoder-decoder networks for error correction
- [17/10/2016] Defended my master’s thesis in NLP at Sorbonne Nouvelle University
- [17/09/2016] New academic year in M2-AI at Paris Descartes University