Welcome to Sina Ahmadi's Personal Page
This is my personal website where I share the latest news about myself and my professional life. I also discuss my ideas and whatever I think is worth to write about here in my blog.
As of February 2019, I am a first-year Ph.D. student at the Insight Centre for Data Analytics at the National University of Ireland, Galway where I am advised by Dr. John McCrae and Dr. Mihael Arcan in the Unit for Natural Language Processing. My research is broadly on cross-lingual data linking and natural language processing (NLP). My Ph.D. project is supported by the Insight Centre and ELEXIS - a European Lexicographic Infrastructure.
More about me.
News about me
- [20/02/2019] I’ll be a tutor in the 3rd Summer Datathon on Linguistic Linked Open Data in May.
- [06/12/2018] Gave a talk and presented a poster at the Workshop on eLexicography [Poster] [Abstract]
- [22/10/2018] Presented a summary of my Ph.D. progress in the Ph.D. day of our unit [Slides]
- [07/09/2018] Presented an abstract and a poster in the Insight Student Conference [Poster]
- [07/06/2018] Presented a poster in the AI & Smart Enterprise Seminar at the Helix DCU, Dublin [Poster]
- [25/04/2018] Finally started my Ph.D. officially. Ready for new challenges and experiences!
- [21/12/2017] Presented a summary of my master’s thesis at Leiden Institute of Advanced Computer Science (LIACS).
- [20/12/2017] Confirmed my ideal Ph.D. offer. I should still wait!
- [16/10/2017] A paper accepted at the 8th Language & Technology Conference [Paper]
- [06/09/2017] Defened my master’s thesis in AI at Paris Descartes University [Thesis] [Slides]
- [02/04/2017] Joined LIPN for my master’s internship in encoder-decoder networks for error correction
- [17/10/2016] Defended my master’s thesis in NLP at Sorbonne Nouvelle University
- [17/09/2016] New academic year in M2-AI at Paris Descartes University